Many people find joy through music and forget that it often helps with soul care.
The Association of Certified Biblical Counselors recently shared a blog post about the role of music in Biblical Counseling. The following 5 points were made to help us to focus on the impact music has in stirring the soul and we can see the integration of music all throughout scripture!
- Music Speaks to Our Deepest Emotions
- Music Channels Truth into the Mind
- Music is a Means of Acknowledging Sorrow
- Music Ministers Outside the Counseling Room
- Music Reminds Them They Are Not Alone
Before there was time, music accompanied Christ as He shaped the world in His hands (Job 38:7). One day music will welcome in the new earth at the beginning of eternity (Revelation 15:3). This is such a tremendous and awesome gift we have been given!
What music do you enjoy that stirs your soul? Share your tunes below and bonus points for sharing a YouTube or vimeo link of your favorite tunes!